Free Wifi in Inner City of Monte San Savino

Castle walls and doors

Posted in Cosa Visitare

The city walls that surround Monte San Savino had a sloping trend  with an inlet near the Chiesa del Suffragio. The former Medieval structure (X-XII century) was destroyed in 1325 by Guido Tarlati, the Arezzo's bishop and  Lord. Starting from this period many interventions took place whose  results are the city walls of today. Among the latest restructuring interventions listed the demolition of a part  of the walls including the tower of Porta San Giovanni and the renovation of a big  part of the walls by the Superintendence of Arezzo from 1970 to 1986.

The parish church

Posted in Chiese

The parish church - Monte San SavinoBuilt in the XII century in Romanesque style and progressively altered by subsequent restoration works, the ancient parish church of Monte San Savino shines with its secular, religious and historical memories of local devotion.

Sanctuary of Le Vertighe

Posted in Chiese

SANCTUARY OF LE VERTIGHE - Monte San SavinoTwo kilometers  away from Monte San Savino, we can  find the church of Le Vertighe (XVI century). Its current appearance is due to the restoration works wanted by the archpriest father R. Franci OFM.

The Church of Saint Augustin

Posted in Chiese

The Church of Saint Augustin - Monte San SavinoThis church was built upon the request of the  Augustan friars  in the XIV century. Its grey stone facade has  an upper part with a rose window, probably by Maso Porro and a lower part with a lanced arch and some intricate little columns revoking the late Gothic Humbrian style.

Saint John's church

Posted in Chiese

Saint John's church - Monte San SavinoIn the XV century it was an oratory dedicated to Saint Anthony and seat of the homonymous company. Initially, it was possible to enter the church only by going throught the cloister of the church of Saint Agustín to the Tuscan door by Andrea Sansovino.  At the beginning of the XVII century this building was restored completely by Orazio Porta and probably during the restoration works the positioning  of the church was changed. After suppressing the religious  fellowship, the church was used as a barn until 1819, when Paolo Girolamo Galletti bought it.

Saint Joseph's church

Posted in Chiese

Saint Joseph's church - Monte San SavinoThis church was built in the XVII century. Its simple and elegant façade is covered in stone. The construction of the church was never completed as we can see by its pilasters strips. The bell-gable on the right wall has  four hollow round arches. The church was built by the worshipers of  Saint Joseph in October 1711, allowed by Gran Duke Cosimo III.

Twitter

Contacts

Comune di Monte San Savino

Centralino: 0575.81771
eMail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
   

Ufficio del Turismo

Tel: 0575.849418
eMail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
   
   
   

Pharmacies

Farmacia Comunale
0575.846096
Farmacia Paturzo
0575.844020
Farmacia Biancotti
0575.844020